Carpe Diem-life is too short not to, my friend.

Sunday, May 10, 2015

My First Blog Post Ever--- Vulnerability Personified!!

Hello family; friends; acquaintances; fellow musicians, dramatists, writers; fellow shepherds and fiber enthusiasts; curious onlookers; and anyone in the rest of the universe who may be listening in.....everyone and anyone. You are invited to wander around inside my mind every now and then! Whenever I open the door, be sure to walk on in and make yourself at home. Curl up in the big comfy chair by the rock fireplace;  or wrap yourself in a vintage patchwork quilt and shiver deliciously on the back porch while snow falls beautifully all about; or scatter the falling autumn leaves with me as I chase them to the ground; or push your fingers deep into the warm spring earth as we plant herbs side by side; or pick that corn off the stalk and right there and then bury your teeth in its sweet kernals as we stand in the garden, arms full of ripe tomatoes and green beans, the summer's bounty; or watch the sheep being sheared and wonder at the lovely, silky, soft curls of wooly fleece. Sit with me in the kitchen at my old farm table, have a glass of my sweet ice tea made with my mommy's mint, walk around the house and look at the primitive wares, pet my many cats, have a conversation with my old dog Ketzal, pick an apple in our orchards, or a plum or a pear, go fishing in the pond, climb into the loft of the barn and howl at the moon,  walk the trails to the lake, or wander across the meadow with my sheep. There is so much of life to live, so much and many things to experience...oh it's too splendid to describe! 
A window into my heart and mind will find us in myriad places, as we walk in the wind, play in the snow, dance in the rain, soak up the sun.  Come read, sing, play, or cry with me...run, walk, crawl, or fly with me.  My thoughts run amuck and happily so. The inside of my mind is ever developing, always wondering, loving learning, and constantly thinking. It is colorful and monochrome-vibrant in either case. It is full of everything this amazing world offers, and yet roomy enough to add even more. I get lost in there sometimes! But I love it because I love to engage in the act of living, and I hope so will you. It's more than a little scary to open myself and my heart/mind up to you-be it magnificent or miasma or anything in between. So please be considerate, gentle with your comments, amused but never hurt, and understanding of the words of this weird, wacky, whippersnapper. I can't be normal so you can't read with normal expectations.  God has made me unique, as He has you-ain't that great? I can't wait to explore life with you my new family of readers.  Let's jump in with both feet! 

No comments:

Post a Comment